Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus with Hilary Liftin. Hyperion Books, 2009.
GENRE: memoir
Miles to Go is a book about hatred, love, family, beliefs and so much more. In the book, Miley describes her life before getting the role of Hannah Montana, the process of trying out for the role, and how her life is now. It shows everyone the struggles she has gone through and what has come out of it. Also, it shows how strongly her beliefs play a role in her life. She shares the ups and downs of her life and the people she has meet along the way. She tells us about how everything has changed her to make her the girl she is today.
"Miley's autobiography is a magnificent tale of her life," says Hayley Racicot.
The book is split into three "miles" with chapters within. The book is typed and in the margins, there is a smaller font that looks like it was written in after the book was printed. It is little comments Miley added in. The font makes it look like she actually wrote the thought which is often an add-on to the subject or her opinion on something that's being said. I really like this because it adds to what you are already reading. It makes it even more interesting. Also, throughout the book there are lists. They all have titles that say "7 things..." and then continue with what the list is about. For example, one of the lists says, "7 things my Pappy used to say" and then says the seven things. I like this because it adds in things that you wouldn't make a chapter about but that you would like the reader to know. It's a nice addition to the book.
"There are multiple sides to all of us. Who we are--and who we might be if we follow our dreams" (6). I chose this quote because throughout the book, Miley talks about how there are many sides to her. Also, she had to choose between something she loves (cheer leading) and following her dream (trying out for Hannah Montana).
I liked this book. It showed that even celebrities have problems that not everyone knows about. It also shows how no matter where you come from or who your parents are you still have to work for what you want and no one has the "easy road" that everyone thinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I. Lizzy's overall impression of the book is that she really enjoyed it. She liked how it showed that celebrities are just like everyone else and as much as someone might think they know everything about them, they don't.
ReplyDeleteII. The reviewer, Lizzy, noticed that there were notes in the margin that looked write it. The notes were like what the author was thinking as she re-read her book.
III. I think Lizzy picked a great passage from the book to share because it shows the authors beliefs. It also shows, in a way, the tough decision that Miley had to make.
IV. Lizzy's book review stands out to me compared to the others I've read. It's real and easy to relate to, just like the book.
V. I would definitely consider reading this book because i am a Miley Cyrus fan. Also, I'd like to see what a celebrity thinks about and how they live their life.
1) Lizzy liked the book because she learned a lot about Miley Cyrus and celebrities in general. She also liked it because of the "7 Things" lists and little comments on the sides that were added.
ReplyDelete2) She noticed that the book was split up into three sections, or miles. Each miles had chapters within it.
3) I think the passage she chose was very interesting. It sounds pretty deep and thoughtful. It's not a thing you'd picture Hannah Montana saying, but it's what Miley said.
4) This review is obviously similar to the others because they all have the same format. I liked the fact that she covered everything about the book, I feel like I know everything I would want to know about the book for me to decide whether or not I want to read it.
5) I would consider reading this book because I would like to know more about Miley Cyrus, and Lizzy liked it. Plus, I need to read a memoir anyway and this sounds interesting and easy to relate to.
1. overall i think that lizzy really liked the book. i know this because she straight out said it and unless shes lying ill believe her word..
ReplyDelete2. Lizzy noticed the little notes that look like they were added in after the book was printed which i think is very cool.
3. the passage that lizzy wrote i think is very fun and interesting. it talks about all the different sides of people.
4. Lizzys review is SOOOOO much better than any of the other reviews ive read. two thumbs up.
5. i would definitely consider reading this book because it sounds cool, i like miley cyrus, and i wanna be like lizzy!
3.
Overall, Lizzy enjoyed reading the book. She liked hearing about Miley's life, and she learned that celebrities' lives aren't always perfect like they may appear to be.
ReplyDeleteLizzy noticed that in the margins Miley added little comments about her feelings towards the subject that is being talked about. Lizzy liked this because she got to know more about Miley and her opinions.
I think Lizzy did pick an interesting passage to explain because it kind of gave us the main idea of the book.
Lizzy's review is very good and makes the book sound appealing.
I would definitely consider reading this book because I would like reading about Miley Cyrus and because Lizzy gave positive feedback about the book.
1. Lizzy really enjoyed reading this book. She liked learning a celebrity's perspective on life and their life.
ReplyDelete2. The book was written by Miley herself and Lizzy liked how she put comments in the margins expressing more about her feelings or emotions about that particular thing.
3. Yes I think it is because it is a very interesting thing to think about. It also seems to give a general idea of the main points in the book.
4. Lizzy did a very good job with her book review and it was more detailed than some others.
5. I would consider reading this book because it seems very interesting and I've heard many good things about it.
Yuck Miley Cyrus! {:(
ReplyDelete